Permanent & Part-time (17.5 hrs/week)
Based at Vogrie Country Park, nr Gorebridge, Midlothian
Salary £11,000 per annum (£22,000 pro-rata), with flexible working
We are currently seeking a well organised and supportive Business Administrator who will be responsible for the financial and administrative aspects of the charity in association with the three other members of staff plus a voluntary board of directors.
The Wildlife Information Centre (TWIC) is an environmental charity with an established reputation for excellence in the provision of biodiversity data within south-east and part of central Scotland. TWIC currently holds over 3 million species records as
well as extensive habitats and designated sites information. Our programme of events supports new and existing recorders and stimulates interest in biological recording amongst the wider public.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget and monthly cashflows.
- Carry out day to day financial transactions and bookkeeping, and liaise with the accountants regarding annual reports and returns.
- Manage TWIC’s client contracts including the Service Level Agreements and Scottish Natural Heritage grant claim.
- Coordinate quarterly board meetings, AGM and prepare appropriate reports and papers.
- Oversee office management, including office security, maintenance of office contracts and equipment, compliance with Health and Safety, General Data Protection Regulations and related regulations.
Download the full job description and person specification as a PDF here [PDF, 65KB] or as a Word document here
[Word doc, 194KB] and an application form here [Word doc, 39KB].
To apply for this position please submit a completed application form along with a CV and covering letter to Natalie Harmsworth, Acting Centre Manager at email@example.com.
For an informal discussion of the job please contact Natalie Harmsworth at 07702 806543.
Application deadline: Thursday 23 July 2020 at 23:59.
Interviews: Friday 31 July. Interviews will be held subject to Coronavirus regulations in force at the time.