TWIC organises a programme of excursions each year, some in conjunction with local recording groups. These excursions are planned primarily to obtain biodiversity data from sites across our
region. Priority is usually given to sites proposed as Local Biodiversity Sites (pLBS), as this means that any data generated from the excursions can be used in the site assessment. Recorders of all groups of organisms are
welcome. Whether or not you have been on one of our excursions before or are a newcomer you are most welcome to join us.
Please contact the excursion leader beforehand (leaving your contact telephone number) so that they know to expect you. It is rare that we have to cancel an excursion, but should this occur we will endeavor to contact you
by phone. Also, please check the website the evening before the outing if possible as any last minute changes will be published here.
For information on previous year's recording excursions, please click on the links at the side of the page.
Recorders enjoying a visit to the Carberry Estate. Photograph courtesy of Christine Johnston.
The excursion programme for 2017 has now finished. Thanks to everyone who attended this season, especially the following who led outings for TWIC in 2017: Gary Hovell (LARG), Leonie Alexander (RBGE), Sarah Eno,
Michael Scott, Jay MacKinnon, David Dodds and Reuben Singleton. The data from the excursions will now be collated and summary reports will be added to the website in due course.
1. For further information please contact the TWIC office (01875 825968) or email email@example.com.
2. Safety on excursions: Anyone attending a TWIC excursion does so at their own risk.
3. Anyone who can assist with transport to excursions, or who requires assistance with transport should contact TWIC who will endeavour to put recorders in contact with one another to arrange matters themselves.
4. The leader reserves the right to change or cancels outings as circumstances dictate.
5. The leader's mobile phone number is for contacting him/her on the day.
6. Records from excursions will be uploaded to the NBN Atlas Scotland.